SPA Days: Graduate Assistantship Interview Process and Visitation days
Interviews are required for SPA assistantships. The invitation to interview for assistantships is extended to candidates who have been admitted into the M.A. and Ph.D. programs in HESA.
The assistantship process is very competitive and interviews are required. The entire interview and visitation process will be in virtual format, allowing applicants to participate from all around the world. Please note all times shared will be in EST.
The M.A. and Ph.D. interview process generally occurs over a two-day period. The schedule includes:
- An orientation to The Ohio State University;
- An overview of the academic program and curriculum;
- An introduction to the faculty;
- A reception with current students, faculty, assistantship supervisors, and student affairs staff;
- A meeting with current students; and
- Assistantship interviews (Candidates are typically scheduled for 2-4 interviews. Interview schedules are determined by the SPA office based on your interests, skills, and experiences
SPA Days 2023 Dates
- Ph.D.: February 9-10
- M.A.: February 23-24
Sample interview schedule (SPA Days):